Monday 26 August 2013

The Encounter that prompted Ghetto Love#BackToSchool edition - By Vocal Slender


Sometime in 2012,I visited a friend who reside in Ajegunle and I saw a girl crying at the house entrance. She was yelling and ignoring pleas from her mother to go to school.
I was bothered and asked her why?
Her response blew me apart.
She said
"Every one in my class laugh at me everyday because I have been using nylon bag to carry my books from primary school and now I am in JSS2.My mummy doesn't want to buy me a school bag.I can't stand d mockery from my class mate any more".

I felt for her because I had a similar experience back then in school before I dropped out. What did I do?
I removed my laptop from my bag and put it in her nylon bag and I gave her my laptop bag.She was extremely happy and hurried up her preparation to go to school.

We have thousand of young children like her in my city of birth, Ajegunle.
Pls help and kit up a child to school.  

SUPPORT Vocal Slender's Ghetto Love Project  #BackToSchool edition.

7th Sept. 2013 by 2p.m at 37 Ebun-Otti street Olodi - Apapa, Ajegunle, Lagos.

Vocal Slender rose to stardom when he became the International star of BBC's Welcome to Lagos documentary

The plan is to kit each child with 1000 naira. Each kit would include a pair of sandals, 6 books, pens, pencil and a school bag . Our aim is to get people to kit as many kids as possible.

We need help in the following ways.

(A). Send cash donation to buy the school kits OR buy the kits and send them to us

(B). We need people to come out on the day to help with the event as volunteers.

Kindly sms your interest to 08037233498 and you will be contacted immediately.

Your support is highly appreciated.
Thank you.
@bbcvocalslender
www.vocalslender.net

Powered by
Ghetto Love Empowerment Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment